A Former Hedge Fund Manager Created A Fancy Shuttle Service To Compete With Private Jets
Looking back at his life and travels as a hedge fund manager, Fertig realized that many of his best experiences were dampened by low-quality ground transportation. At the same time, he believed others who still worked in his former occupation experienced those same inconveniences.So Fertig, a Wharton graduate, abandoned the finance industry and established Brilliant Transportation, a luxury transport service that offers wealthy clients the comforts of a high-end hotel room, the functionality of an office, the space of a private jet, and the service of a private concierge.
Brilliant's fleet of luxury vans, which rent for $225 an hour, are equipped with wifi, satellite television and other features meant to recreate the functionality of an office.
Fertig believes his vans can create tremendous value for corporate clients, because time spent in transit can be used productively. As a result, he now services many of the same financial industry titans that he once worked for and with.
The company has around 30 vehicles and offers its services in New York City, the Hamptons, Connecticut, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas, and will soon launch in Miami.
- NASA's plan to put humans back on the Moon will cost $28 billion
- Parliament passes amendments to essential commodities law
- Parliament passes IIIT amendment bill, giving 'national importance' tag to five new institutes
- Undergraduate classes for first-year students to begin from November 1 — students cancelling admissions to get a full refund
- Rajya Sabha passes Banking Amendment Bill 2020 bringing cooperative banks under RBI's umbrella