A Princeton dropout describes the kind of student who should leave college
Courtesy of Eden Full
Now 23 years old, Full fulfilled her vision with support from billionaire entrepreneur Peter Thiel through a program that gives students $100,000 to take two years off from college.While Full knows the Thiel Fellowship was the right move for her as a student, she doesn't think it's for everyone.
For these people, she said, "real life is a distraction, whether it's finishing college or getting a job."However, the reality of working on your own project comes with a ton of responsibility. If you don't show up to work, Full explained, nobody will know except for you.
"There's no one babying you and holding your hand," she said. "It can be a very personally and professionally tumultuous time, so I wouldn't recommend it to the faint of heart."Full's project, the SunSaluter, provides both clean water and electricity for poor communities. While the SunSaluter started as a science fair project, it can now be found in 15 countries around the world.
- 'Democracy has prevailed' says Joe Biden as he takes oath as the 46th President of the United States
- PM Modi congratulates Joe Biden, says he looks forward to strengthen India-US partnership
- Democracy has prevailed, says US President Joe Biden in his first speech. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th US President amidst unprecedented security. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Kamala Devi Harris creates history as she takes oath as Vice President of USA