A couple spent 15k driving a $500 Volkswagen bus from Alaska to Argentina
Tessa Ely and Dillon Vought spent a year and a half driving from Alaska to Argentina in a 1975 Volkswagen bus they bought for $500. After a break, they're now making their way through the US, sharing their journey on Instagram and their blog, The Bus and Us.
Ely was working as a special education teacher, Dylan in a corporate cubicle job, when they decided they weren't ready to settle down."We both were just ready for some sort of long-term travel," Ely said.Advertisement
The Alaska natives acquired their trusty Volkswagen bus, lovingly dubbed "Rita," in 2014, and spent a year restoring it. They saved up and budgeted $15,000 for the whole trip, but made no itinerary.
"Even in the year and a half that we spent driving down, we felt that it wasn't really enough time to really experience everything we wanted," Vought said. "Time is the biggest resource. There's never enough of it."
- Sensex jumps 178 pts; Nifty reclaims 10,600 level
- 2020 Hero Indian Open golf cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Scientists decode how smell, taste sensation loss in COVID-19 patients improves with time
- Union Health Ministry praises ASHAs' role in Karnataka's COVID-19 fight
- Warehousing, industrial space demand to be hit this year due to COVID-19: Experts