A new music video takes you inside China's bizarre, empty replica of Paris
It's been a little over a year since British musician Jamie xx dropped "In Colour," the widely lauded, catchy electronic album that rocked charts in the UK, New Zealand, and Australia.
Screenshot: Jamie xx/Apple Music
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUSo while the track from Jamie xx's new music video "Gosh" might be old, the visuals showcase something uncanny: a replica of the Eiffel tower.
AdvertisementThe replica stands in the middle of a ghost town, surrounded by a grassy field. The video was shot in Tianducheng, China, a town built to mimic Paris' capital. According to Billboard, the area has remained more or less empty since it was constructed in 2007.But it's not the only Chinese town with fake world landmarks. There are many more replicas throughout the country, including the Great Sphinx of Giza, the Kremlin, the White House, and a Leaning Tower of Pisa that's over 5,000 miles away from the real deal.
Give the video a watch:
MSME EXCHANGE 2021Join us in amplifying the voice of over 60 million MSMEs in IndiaJune 28 - 29, 05:00 PM onwards
Some might describe the viewing experience as a cheap way to travel the world from home. But the video is darker than that, since it has the visual elements of a dystopian setting: dense, staid buildings, an empty city, and a jarringly familiar landmark.
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive