A new, strangely morbid video profiles 3 people vying to visit Mars - and they seem completely unprepared for the trip
This is the most normal question in the series of totally bizarre topics that three Mars One volunteers are discussing in this latest video titled "If I die on Mars."Mars One is a not-for-profit organization that, in 2012, announced a plan to launch a one-way manned mission to Mars that would maroon four humans on the red planet to live there and eventually die.Advertisement
Anyone could volunteer to be a part of the mission, which has been widely criticized by experts. If everything goes according to plan, the mission would land a spacecraft carrying colonists on the red planet in 2025.
Ryan from the UK
- "I know 90 digits of Pi."
- "I've never actually kissed anyone before."
- "I think the most important thing to do in life is to leave a legacy....to try and find out if there's life on Mars, to inspire a new generation, to lead to the beginnings of the first civilization on another planet. That is my legacy."
Dina in the US
- "I don't feel like I need a family to be able to survive and exist."
- "Love is not something that I need."
- "It's not a big problem for me not to have sex for...indefinitely."
Jeremias in MozambiqueAdvertisement
- "If I die on Mars, that would be great."
- "We have so many problems that I believe it's not possible to solve."
- "I'm not afraid of death."
Check out the full video below: