A private island 60 miles outside of Manhattan just hit the market for less than $1 million, and it comes with a 4-bedroom home - take a look inside the property.
- Willow Island, a private island in Putnam County, New York, is on the market for $850,000.
- According to the online listing, the island comes with a four-bedroom house, a solar-powered boat, and a 600-square-foot studio.
- Also included in the sale is a driveway and a garage located on the mainland.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A private island that spans .66 acres in Putnam County, New York is on the market for under $1 million.Just 60 miles from Manhattan, Willow Island comes with a four-bedroom house, a solar-powered boat, a 600-square-foot studio, and an $850,000 price tag.
According to the online listing, the four-bedroom home was built in 1932 from the same stone quarry as the Holland Tunnel - a tunnel located under the Hudson River that connects Manhattan and Jersey City.Keep reading for a look at the island.
Willow Island is located on Putnam Lake in Patterson, New York. Putnam Lake is about 60 miles north of Manhattan.
Willow Island sits right off the mainland and is accessible by boat. It comes with a four-bedroom house, a 600-square-foot studio, a solar-powered boat, and an $850,000 price tag.
According to the online listing, the island's four-bedroom home is believed to have been built in 1932 from the same stone quarry as the Holland Tunnel.
The home is two stories tall and spans 1,922 square feet.
And, according to the online listing, it's available fully furnished.
The living area and the kitchen area are separated by a stone wall.
The home features hardwood floors and modern appliances.
There are four bedrooms ...
... and one-and-a-half bathrooms.
To help show off the island's scenic views, the main house boasts 35 windows.
The island certainly doesn't lack space. The 600-square-foot studio, featured below, is its own stand-alone structure.
The buyer will be able to travel to and from the island using a solar-powered boat, which is shown below.
According to the online listing, a driveway and a garage — located on the mainland — are also included in the sale.
The island's $850,000 price tag makes it more than twice the price of the area's median home — but an absolute bargain compared to what you'd get 60 miles south, in NYC.
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now
- There is a virtual lockdown in the world’s fourth largest automobile market