A running shoe company owned by Warren Buffett is now sponsoring the beer mile world record holder
Berkshire Hathaway-owned running shoe company Brooks is now the official sponsor of beer mile world record holder Lewis Kent.
According to a report in Runner's World, Kent - a 22-year-old senior at the University of Western Ontario - announced the sponsorship on Tuesday after breaking the beer mile world record.Kent ran 4:51.9 for the beer mile, re-taking the world record he held in August after running a 4:55.8.
You can find full rules for the event - including the best-ever times run for the mile and a list of approved beers - at Beermile.com.FloTrack, a website dedicated to coverage of track & field, is set to host the second annual Beer Mile World Championships in Austin, Texas on December 1st.
Canadian Corey Gallagher, currently the second-fastest beer miler of all-time with a 4:55.8, is the defending World Champion.Terms of Kent's sponsorship agreement with Brooks were not disclosed, but a Brooks rep did confirm to Runner's World that Kent will wear Brooks gear at the World Championships. Read the full report at Runner's World here »
And you can watch Kent's world record run below:
- Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin shows 81% efficacy after second dose in phase 3 trials
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore