A study by Yuvraj Singh-led startup reveals 49% of Twitter users are relying on influencers for shopping suggestions
Social media has completely transformed our lives. From influencing how we consume content to what we buy, eat and drink is subconsciously related to something we read online. Testimony to this is a social media report by Yral, a joint venture between cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s initiative YouWeCan ventures and AdLift, a global digital marketing company. This start-up does social media celebrity endorsement on various social media platforms.
The Yral study reveals that a staggering 49% of Twitter users rely on influencers for shopping recommendations. Twitter influencers are challenging friends to influence purchase decisions. This means that there might be some sense in spending on pampering the social media influencers by brands.
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Kavin Mittal says that Hike likely to have transactions on its platform by the end of 2017
Some of the other key highlights of the report are –
• Digital Spending Trend in India - Digital Ad spending in India is expected to grow at around 47.5% in 2016 in comparison with the overall Ad spending which is expected to grow at 15.5%
• Growing Celebrity Engagement and Interaction - The
• Branded tweets increase purchase intent by 2.7 times- Whereas, branded tweets combined with influencer tweets increases the purchase intent by 5.2 times
Advertisement• Facebook and retailer’s website were the most popular sources to discover a brand or a product followed by the brand website and
Popular on BI
- Maruti Suzuki to Hyundai – car makers offer huge year-end discounts to push sales
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- Hiring activity for white-collar jobs dips 12% during Oct-Nov
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others