Adidas had a great response to the people upset by its Valentine's Instagram photo of a same-sex couple
To celebrate Valentine's Day on Sunday, Adidas posted this photo to its Instagram account, with the caption: "The love you take is equal to the love you make."
The image has amassed more than 51,000 comments since it was posted.
Sadly, some of them were homophobic in nature.
One commenter, @azemann, wrote: "WTF ADIDAS???? THIS DAY IS FOR BOY AND GIRL, WHEN THEY ARE COUPLE. NOT FOR LESBIANS, STUPID ADIDAS," with two added eye-rolling emoji.
Another user, @americanhero123, said: "Shame on you adidas !!!! I'm going to Nike now"
Adidas replied with a waving-hand emoji and another kiss emoji.
Last week, Adidas added a new clause to its athletes' contracts that states their sponsorships won't be affected if they announce they are gay, bi, or transgender, BuzzFeed News reported.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes