Adidas just created a futuristic shoe made with a super-strong, biodegradable silk
Unveiled at the annual grown fabrics conference Biofabricate in New York City on Thursday, the shoe is called the Adidas Futurecraft Biofabric. It's a high-performance shoe made from a revolutionary kind of fabric.Based on a replication of natural silk, Biosteel's German manufacturer AMSilk says the material is the strongest fully natural material ever. It's also 15% lighter than conventional silk fibers, and is 100% biodegradable.
"By using Biosteel fiber in our products, we have achieved an unrivaled level of sustainability," James Carnes, VP of strategy creation at Adidas, said in a statement. "We are moving beyond closed loop and into an infinite loop - or even no loop at all. This is a pioneering stride forward beyond sustainability into a new territory of bionic innovation."Adidas says the Biofabric is just the beginning of using Biosteel. The renewable textile will appear in future products by the triple stripe down the line.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year