Aly Raisman is actually dating the NFL player who asked her out on social media
The INSIDER Summary:Olympian Aly Raisman is dating Colton Underwood.
Underwood previously asked Raisman out on a date on video chat.
Raisman told People that she's spending the holiday with his family.Advertisement
On Monday night, Raisman hit the red carpet at Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson of the Year Ceremony with Colton Underwood, tight end for the Oakland Raiders and the guy who was ballsy enough to ask Raisman out on a date via video chat earlier this year.
Here's the actual moment it happened:
And wouldn't you know it: Underwood's invite actually worked.
"We happened to both be in Denver at the same time," Raisman told People. "I was there for less than 12 hours, he was flying in for just a few days. It just ended up working perfectly."
Raisman confirmed to People that she and Underwood have actually been together since August, but had chosen to keep things quiet for a while. She has met Underwood's family, however, and plans to spend the holiday season with them this year.
The professional football player even drove 90 minutes both ways to make it to their second and third dates together, Raisman told People. Now that sounds like the real deal.
Here's hoping the young lovers stay together and stay happy.
- Delhi's own school education board to be operational by next year — but won’t be simply imposed on government schools
- India's Railway Police station returns a man's wallet lost 14 year ago
- The largest AI language model ever created can think, read and write like a human — but it can mess up like a human too
- Mahinda Rajapaksa takes oath as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka for the fourth time
- IN PICS: Devastating images of floods wreaking havoc in Karnataka, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh and Assam