Amazon is following all FDI rules like a pro
As per the
Also read: India has allowed 100 per cent FDI in food ecommerce and a warzone has already been formed
Online retailers in India have said that they already comply with the rules and don’t own any inventory; however, all of them have their own merchants, like WS Retail for Flipkart and Cloudtail for Amazon, which make up a major part of their sales.
As per a Mint report, even arch rival Flipkart has decided to include four new sellers in its merchant base so that its dependence on WS Retail can be reduced.
Talking of Amazon, it has added Cart2India Online, Amiable Electronics, Apptronics Retail, E-Mobiles, Okay Enterprises, GreenMobiles and S&S Company as its primary sellers, selling smartphones exclusively available on Amazon.
The move has come at the right time, since the Indian festive season is about to begin, and Amazon would want to be ahead of its rivals.
Popular on BI
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press