Farhan Akhtar’s Excel Entertainment will ensure enough takers for Amazon Prime
E-commerce giant Amazon, which recently launched its Prime service in India, has signed up
Also read: Punit Soni thinks Jeff Bezos is planning in decades with Amazon Prime
The series would be based on cricket and showbiz, two of the most widely popular themes in India, and is set to start from August 16th.
Ritesh Sidhwani, director at Excel Entertainment confirmed that the production house was working on a series; however, he declined to comment on Amazon's involvement or other details.
"We have set up an independent team for it," he told ET. "We have worked on these shows for the last eight-nine months." The project would also mark Excel's debut into the digital space.
With Prime, Amazon aims to differentiate itself from India-grown e-commerce rivals like Flipkart and Snapdeal.
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19