Amazon still dominates the $16 billion cloud market
Michael Seto/Business Insider
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 53% OFF
Echo Dot (3rd Gen, Black) + Wipro 9W LED Smart Color Bulb combo - Works with Alexa - Smart Home starter kit₹ 3099₹ 6598Buy On
- Amazon has 30% market share, compared to the next biggest player, Microsoft, with about 10%.
- Microsoft is growing the fastest, a 96% year-over-year leap, with Google close behind: 87% year-over-year growth.
- IBM is leading what's known as the "hybrid cloud market." That refers to when enterprises use the same cloud technologies in their own private data centers and also use a cloud provider.
The good news for all concerned: it's still early days for cloud computing, as $16 billion is only a tiny fraction of the almost $4 trillion that companies spend on tech annually worldwide.Here's how Synergy saw the fourth quarter of 2014 shape up:
- India has limited options for weapons that can take down enemy drones
- International Tigers Day: Ten most interesting facts about the beautiful beasts
- Rolex Rings IPO gets subscribed 3.84 times on the first day of bidding
- If Spotify was a country, it would be bigger than the US as subscriber count hits 365 million
- Saudi citizens warned against visiting countries facing travel ban