An HGTV star who's invested in over 100 properties says one day of the week is best to buy a home
As a rule of thumb, "Go shopping on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday," he explains. "If you're shopping for real estate on a Saturday and Sunday, you're not getting deals.
When's the last time you saw a real estate agent promote an open house on a Monday night? It's on a Saturday. It's on a Sunday."
In fact, between a Saturday and a Monday - just two days - the market drops by nearly 1% every week, the HGTV star tells Torabi: "If you think about the average home price in America being around $350,000, you're going to save $3,500 on average by putting offers in on a Monday versus a Saturday."
Why is early week the ideal time frame?
Homeowners are "distracted with work and the kids' routines," McGillivray explains. "They're probably not getting a lot of other offers on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, so chances are, they'll very quickly and efficiently entertain your offer. A seller is much more difficult to negotiate with on a weekend than they are on a weekday."
No promises you'll save $3,500 by buying on a Monday, but it's worth a try.
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India
- India issues notice to Pak seeking review, modification of Indus Waters Treaty
- Locals protest in Joshimath against slow pace of efforts to save town
- Cyber criminals syndicate operating from China and Dubai unearthed, had cheated 11,000
- Bank unions defer Jan 30-31 strike