An NFL Player Got A Tattoo On His Face To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job
Westbrooks has a remarkable story of his own. In 2011 he was working at Toys 'R' Us and playing for Sacramento City College. Three years later, he's in the NFL. According to Westbrooks, an unlikely motivational tool - a face tattoo - is part of the reason for his success.
Westbrooks told ESPN's Nick Wagoner that he got a tattoo below his eye in 2011 because he never wanted to get a normal job again. Making it in the NFL would be the only way to prevent him from becoming "a guy that has a tattoo on his face looking for another job."
"The story goes that Westbrooks was working at a Toys "R" Us in Sacramento while playing football and going to school at Sacramento City Junior College. He didn't like the job and decided when he quit that he had no intention of working a normal job again. So he went searching for a way to push himself to attain that goal. Somehow, he decided there was no better way to do that than to have a reminder staring him in the face every time he looked in the mirror.
"'I was just like I might as well go ahead and get it on the face because if nothing else, it will help motivate me to either be a guy that has a tattoo on his face looking for another job or hopefully I make it in the NFL and don't have to work too hard to do something (else),' Westbrooks said. 'I don't feel it's a bad thing now. I don't regret it. It speaks for itself.'"
Westbrooks' incredible performance in training camp and the preseason is widely regarded as the reason Sam was cut. The Rams already had a crowded group of players along the defensive line to begin with, and Westbrooks' emergence pushed out Sam.
The tattoo reads, "Laugh now, cry later:"
After quitting Toys 'R' Us, Westbrooks transferred to West Texas A&M, where he tore up the Division II ranks. The Rams signed him as an undrafted free agent in May.
He's one of four undrafted free agents to make the team.
- UPI is India’s favourite payment mode with transactions worth ₹30.4 trillion in April-June, says report
- Increase in tea prices to offset impact of wage rate hike in WB, Assam: ICRA
- 15 OTT releases to watch this festive season starring Madhuri Dixit, Hasan Minhaj and more
- Credit Suisse is in trouble, but this is not 2008 – investors remain wary of the ‘all is well’ soundbites
- Has the "Naya Jammu & Kashmir" been able to rejuvenate the sericulture industry of the Himalayan region?
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World