Andy Murray just invested in these 3 startups
Jean-Yves Ahern/USA TODAY Sports/Reuters
The world number two has invested in:
- Tossed, a London-focused salad, wraps, and smoothies restaurant chain
- Trillenium, a tech company that builds 3D shops for online retailers to use on virtual reality platforms like Oculus Rift
- Fuel Ventures Fund, a technology investment fund set up by the founder of Myvouchercodes.co.uk.
Murray says in an emailed statement: "The three businesses I've chosen to kick off my crowdfunding investment portfolio are all in areas of industry I find interesting."Healthy eating is something I have to be passionate about as a sportsman, so Tossed was immediately one to consider, and the other two businesses are really pushing the boundaries of technology. I'm hoping that I can learn something from how they are edging ahead of the competition and take that vision onto the court with me."
As well as investing through Seedrs, Murray owns a management company, 77, and luxury Scottish hotel Cromlix.
- SBI, Airtel, Adani Enterprises, TCS and other top stocks to watch out for on August 4
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox