Anyone buying a PlayStation 4 this holiday needs to know one crucial thing
You finally got a PlayStation 4! It's all happening!
But, uh, now what?
Okay, yes, definitely play "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain." But also, at some point on that first day, there's one other crucial thing you should do: pay for an annual subscription to PlayStation Plus.
What's PlayStation Plus?
PlayStation Plus, a paid loyalty program, is a crucial addition to your PlayStation 4. Why?
- It enables you to play games online with other people!
- It gives you monthly discounts on games and movies!
- But, most importantly, it gives you free games every month. Free! For the duration of your subscription!
And every month that game library grows. As long as you continue paying for PlayStation Plus, you retain access to every game you've ever downloaded for free. Pretty incredible!
So let's do some quick math:
- "The Walking Dead: Season Two" normally costs $24.99.
- "Magicka 2" normally costs $14.99.
If you download and play three games you got for free through PlayStation Plus, the service paid for itself. Anything beyond that is pure bonus value.
If you own a PlayStation Vita or a PlayStation 3, you'll also get free games on those platforms. Some of the games are even "cross-buy," meaning you'll get access to them across multiple PlayStation devices ("Spelunky" is this way - once you own it on one PlayStation console, you own it all PlayStation consoles).So remember: Before dropping hundreds of dollars on $60 games with your new PlayStation 4 this holiday, snag a $50 annual subscription to PlayStation Plus. You'll thank us - promise.
- Best fitness bands in India to stay on top of your health
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study