Apple Gains A Measly 1% Of Market Share In China Last Quarter
Here, in order of size are the five biggest smartphone sellers in mainland China, per IDC:
- Samsung, 19%
- Lenovo, 13%
- Coolpad, 11%
- Huawei, 10%
- Apple, 7%
- Xiaomi, 6%
Apple gained a percentage of share last quarter thanks to iPhone 5S sales, but as you can see, it's still a distant fourth.
The good news for Apple: Even with a small slice of the market, sales in China were up 20% last quarter.
Even better news: The iPhone is now on China Mobile, the biggest carrier in China. That should help boost sales.
The truth of the matter is that the iPhone is expensive in China, and odds are that Apple will never lead in market share.
The Chinese market is big enough, however, that Apple can continue to grow sales at the high end, even with a tiny share of the market. Just don't expect mega growth.
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes
- mRNA booster immunisations protect against Covid-19 for 4-5 months: study
- UPI is India’s favourite payment mode with transactions worth ₹30.4 trillion in April-June, says report
- Increase in tea prices to offset impact of wage rate hike in WB, Assam: ICRA