Apple board member: 'Steve Jobs was gonna design an iCar'
On Monday we reported that an Apple employee said the company was working on something that would "give Tesla a run for its money."
It seems unlikely that Apple is working on a car of its own, but you never know.Last year Apple board member and J. Crew Group CEO Mickey Drexler told Paul Goldberger that Steve Jobs had a car on Apple's radar.
Drexler explains then the first Tesla came out, there was an Apple board meeting in which Drexler criticized the first Tesla for being ugly. Jobs shot back that Drexler didn't get it because the Tesla was beautifully designed on the inside, and was more than just a vehicle - they had built an entire platform.Drexler is stepping down for Apple's board in March.
Here's the full video. Drexler's comments about the iCar start around 1:17:20:
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry