Apple confirms that it accidentally broke Ethernet ports on some Mac computers with a software update
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Desktop Mac computers and older MacBooks came with Ethernet sockets that allowed computers to use a wired internet connection instead of Wi-Fi. But many customers found that these ports suddenly stopped working last week.Apple accidentally blocked its own networking code, so computers rejected the Ethernet port. It wasn't a hardware issue - just a problem with the software, which has now been updated.
Apple was not immediately available to comment.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry