Apple will release 3 new iPhones next year - including a super-sized iPhone X
- Apple will launch three new iPhone models in 2018, according to a reliable Apple analyst.
- One of the new phones predicted is a low-cost model that features an edge-to-edge LCD screen and TrueDepth facial recognition for between $649 and $749.
- Apple is also said to be working on a 6.5-inch iPhone with a design like the iPhone X but with a bigger OLED screen.
- Apple will also launch a successor to the iPhone X with a 5.8-inch OLED screen, according to the report.
Kuo and his research team is well-known for accurately predicting details about upcoming Apple products thanks to his connections in the Asian manufacturing industry.
Apple will release three new iPhone models in 2018, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted in a note distributed to clients on Monday seen by Business Insider.
Apple is preparing two iPhones targeting the "high-end market," the researcher writes. The third model will be aimed at the low-end markets, with a predicted price tag of between $649 to $749, Kuo writes.The high-end iPhones will include one phone with the same screen size and technology (OLED) as the iPhone X, and a super-sized iPhone X model with a 6.5-inch screen. The iPhone X currently retails for $999.
The high-end phones will have edge-to-edge screens and Apple's facial recognition camera, Face ID, like the iPhone X. The low-end new iPhone will use facial recognition instead of a fingerprint sensor, and will sport a 6.1-inch LCD screen at a lower resolution than the high-end OLED phones, among other differences in hardware and design specs.
A "real super-cycle"
Analysts previously predicted this year's high-end iPhone X would drive a "super-cycle" of sales to upgraders, but a seemingly short supply has caused some researchers to delay their supercycle forecasts to 2018 or later.
Kuo says he views Apple shares and its key suppliers positively in 2018. Apple usually launches new iPhones in September, so obviously, lots of things could change before then.
- Twitter rolls out 'Topics' feature in English and Hindi in India
- ISRO's first launch of 2020 will carry 10 satellites aboard its PSLV workhorse rocket on November 7
- CAT admit card 2020 to be released today. Here’s how to download
- Pidilite shares surge as the 61-year old company acquires Araldite maker for ₹2,100 crore
- Chennai lashed with rainfall, many roads waterlogged