Apple's big tablet just got a new feature that makes it more like a computer
The new feature comes as part of iOS 9.3, the beta version of the software, and was originally spotted by developer Stefan Wolfrum.According to testing, the iPad Pro can update the software of a keyboard that is plugged in via a smart connector.
Apple has positioned the iPad Pro as a computer which can exist on its own. CEO Tim Cook even went as far as asking who, exactly, would want a PC when given the Pro.However, the Pro runs iOS which is the same software as the iPhone. This means that the tablet is resitricted in what it can do, especially when compared to Microsoft's Surface Pro which runs Windows 8.
Adding the ability to update the software of an accessory means the iPad becomes more computer-like and less tablet-like.
NOW WATCH: Hidden Facebook tricks you need to know
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February