Apple's futuristic wireless headphones will ship 'over the next few weeks,' CEO says in email to customer
Now Apple CEO Tim Cook has weighed in, via an email to a customer published on Wednesday by MacRumors. He wrote:
"Thanks for your note. Sorry for the delay---we are finalizing them and I anticipate we will begin to ship over the next few weeks."
MacRumors says the email looks legitimate, although it's possible it could be faked.
AirPods have been hotly anticipated since Apple revealed them alongside the iPhone 7, which doesn't have a headphone jack. The $159 wireless headphones were positioned as the obvious next-generation fix, but many are now worried that the devices will miss the all-important holiday season.
Cook didn't say whether they'd be on sale during Christmas, but "next few weeks" suggests that they're coming soon.
So if you want a pair of AirPods, just hold on! Cook says they're coming.
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Mumbai breathes its cleanest air ever for the second time this monsoon
- Reliance Jio, Voda step up hiring as 5G related job postings up 65%
- Rupee gains 22 paise against the dollar as crude prices ease, FPIs come back
- Cabinet clears proposal to raise ECLGS corpus to Rs 5 lakh cr for tourism and hospitality sector