Apple's futuristic wireless headphones will ship 'over the next few weeks,' CEO says in email to customer
Now Apple CEO Tim Cook has weighed in, via an email to a customer published on Wednesday by MacRumors. He wrote:
"Thanks for your note. Sorry for the delay---we are finalizing them and I anticipate we will begin to ship over the next few weeks."
MacRumors says the email looks legitimate, although it's possible it could be faked.
AirPods have been hotly anticipated since Apple revealed them alongside the iPhone 7, which doesn't have a headphone jack. The $159 wireless headphones were positioned as the obvious next-generation fix, but many are now worried that the devices will miss the all-important holiday season.
Cook didn't say whether they'd be on sale during Christmas, but "next few weeks" suggests that they're coming soon.
So if you want a pair of AirPods, just hold on! Cook says they're coming.
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- The good news is, only old office buildings are doomed. The bad news is, that's 70% of them.
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained