Apple's futuristic wireless headphones will ship 'over the next few weeks,' CEO says in email to customer
Now Apple CEO Tim Cook has weighed in, via an email to a customer published on Wednesday by MacRumors. He wrote:
"Thanks for your note. Sorry for the delay---we are finalizing them and I anticipate we will begin to ship over the next few weeks."
MacRumors says the email looks legitimate, although it's possible it could be faked.
AirPods have been hotly anticipated since Apple revealed them alongside the iPhone 7, which doesn't have a headphone jack. The $159 wireless headphones were positioned as the obvious next-generation fix, but many are now worried that the devices will miss the all-important holiday season.
Cook didn't say whether they'd be on sale during Christmas, but "next few weeks" suggests that they're coming soon.
So if you want a pair of AirPods, just hold on! Cook says they're coming.
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again