Apple's giant iPad is coming next week, report says
The iPad Pro, along with a new iPad mini, are both expected to hit stores in November. Although the report says we'll see both of these new iPads on September 9, Gurman also notes that there's a possibility Apple will hold the announcement until October since it's closer to the products' ship date.
The iPad Pro is expected to provide a step up from the standard iPad's 9.7 inch screen, by featuring a screen measuring around 12 inches diagonally. And it will reportedly support stylus input. Gurman says the stylus will be used for Force Touch, which lines up with what KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has reported in the past.
The refreshed iPad mini is said to be thinner than its predecessor and will come with Apple's A8 processor, which will allow it to support the split-screen multitasking features Apple introduced in iOS 9.
Apple has been testing its larger iPad and stylus for years, and there's a chance we may finally see those products come to market next week. Prototypes of a giant iPad with a screen larger than 12 inches in size have existed since 2012, as we reported back in July. Apple has also tested at least three different types of styluses designed specifically for the iPad, which we also reported in August.
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu