Auto Expo 2016: Watch out Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible, Mercedes S-Class Cabriolet unveiled in India!
After winning many a heart globally at the Frankfurt motor show, the
Pictured as the four-seat rival to the Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible, the S Class Cabriolet is a performance-orientated open-top car! The sixth and final member of the S-Class line-up, the S-Class Cabriolet is the sister to the new S-Class Coupé.
The S-Class Cabriolet looks very much like the S-Class Coupé. The same optional LED headlights in the front, encrusted with Swarovski crystals for the indicators and daytime running lights. To have the largest fabric roof, the Cabriolet also has a new windscreen with greater rake.
Under the hood is a 449 BHP twin-turbocharged 4.7-litre V8 motor. It drives the rear wheels through a standard nine-speed automatic gearbox. No performance figures have been revealed.
Although not yet confirmed,
Step in, and the two individual rear seats are electrically adjustable. Options include Mercedes’ turbulence-reducing Aircap system, and that extends out of the windscreen header rail. Airscarf neck-level heating is also available.
The expected price for the S-Class Cabriolet is somewhere around Rs 55-60 lakhs!
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM