This app lets engineering aspirants get instant one-on-one counselling from IIT/BITS students
Choosing the right engineering stream is no longer a struggle for parents and students, thanks to an app called
An on-demand tutoring app that connects students to tutors from IITs/ BITS & leading institutions, instantly, 24/7, HashLearn Now is backed by the founders of Flipkart and Ola among others.
With counselling sessions already underway, the on-demand tutoring app went one step ahead and launched a new service that allows engineering aspirants to chat with students currently studying in different streams in the IITs and
Every year, lakhs of Indian students and their parents struggle with the lack of authentic information in the system. By connecting aspirants and parents to students currently studying for these courses in leading institutions, HashLearn Now’s aims to provide authentic information directly from those who are undergoing these courses through his new service.
The icing on the cake is the fact that the app is incredibly easy to use.
To get started, an aspirant can choose the stream they want information on and in a few seconds, they are connected to a student pursuing the same stream in a leading college in the country.
Users can ask questions ranging from ‘What is electrical engineering?’, ‘What will I learn if I pursue mechanical engineering?’, ‘Who are the top recruiters in this field?’ ‘What is the average CTC (pay package) I can expect?’ to questions about the college that the student is studying in like ‘How is life at
Think of it as a version of Quora but ran exclusively by engineering students. Pretty neat, isn’t it?
Jayadev Gopalkrishnan, CEO and co-founder, HashLearn believes that this counselling service will be a boon for the countless students confused about which steam they should opt for and help lessen uninformed decisions and subsequent regrets.
AdvertisementFor the uninitiated, The HashLearn Now app can be downloaded on the Google Play store. Users can sign up under ‘Engg.Counselling’ and subscribe to an affordable one-week unlimited sessions plan for just Rs.201 or a one-month unlimited sessions plan for just Rs.501.
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Domestic mutual funds make a comeback after 3-month decline; assets rise by 10%
- FIFA bans India for third party influence; Women's U17 World Cup not to be held in India
- WeWork co-founder's startup gets valued at $1 billion even before launch
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Z Flip4 pre-booking starts today in India - check all offers here
- Markets open higher as inflation worries ease; auto stocks are top gainers