BONDS JUMP AFTER UGLY JOBS REPORT
The most dramativc move is coming from the bond market where the yield on the 10-year Treasury just dropped from 2.47% to 2.40%.U.S. companies added just 142,000 new payrolls in August, missing expectations for a gain of 230,000.
As expected, the unemployment rate ticked down to 6.1% from 6.2% in July. This came as the labor force particiapation rate slipped to 62.8% from 62.9%.More to come...
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest