BONDS JUMP AFTER UGLY JOBS REPORT
The most dramativc move is coming from the bond market where the yield on the 10-year Treasury just dropped from 2.47% to 2.40%.U.S. companies added just 142,000 new payrolls in August, missing expectations for a gain of 230,000. Advertisement
July's number was revised up modestly to 212,000 from an earlier print of 209,000.
As expected, the unemployment rate ticked down to 6.1% from 6.2% in July. This came as the labor force particiapation rate slipped to 62.8% from 62.9%.More to come...
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study
- SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi's term extended for a second time till February 2020
- Best Storage Solutions for Your Kids’ Toys