Before LinkedIn, Reid Hoffman Founded An Overeager Dating Site
The idea for
His first try was a dating service in 1997 called SocialNet.It was an ambitious idea. Not only would SocialNet find you a date, it was supposed to help with professional networking, finding roommates, it even included something called Just Play for finding tennis partners, Hoffman told Bloomberg Television's Emily Chang.Advertisement
He describes SocialNet as a learning experience that gave him "scars" and spilled a lot "of blood." In a previous interview with Business Insider, he said of SocialNet, "If you're not embarrassed by your version one release, you released it too late."
But that pain lead to LinkedIn."One of the things I learned from that whole experience, was that you should focus on one domain that really matters to people and just do that really well," he said to Chang.
Focus on something that really matters and do it well. Good advice.
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19
- Bihar COVID-19 death toll reaches 88, infection tally climbs to 11,456
- Thane COVID-19 count crosses 40k-mark, Kalyan surge continues