Believe it or not: Aam Aadmi Party spent Rs 1 crore of taxpayers money on chai and samosa
In the last eighteen months, the Aam Aadmi Party including Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and six cabinet members have managed to spend over Rs 1 crore on just tea and snacks for their guests.
The details emerged from an RTI query filed by
Leading the pack is
Following him is Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia who spent a total of Rs 11.28 lakhs on refreshments.
Ex-transport minister Gopal Rai who was fired for allegations of corruption was not one to be left behind. As it turns out, he too raked up a bill of over TRs 11 lakh.
Then there is
Picking up the tab for all of them is none but us-the taxpayers.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Because creativity must go on...
- Tripura's COVID-19 tally mounts to 2,068 with 105 fresh cases
- ₹10,000 invested in Biocon just before lockdown is now worth over ₹16,500— here’s why
- Puducherry reports 50 new COVID-19 cases, overall tally rises
- Indian GDP to contract 7.5 pc if COVID vaccine is delayed, 4 pc in base case: Report