Big Data Startup Hortonworks Files For An IPO
According to the filing, Hortonwork's sales grew to $33.4 million, up from $10.9 million the year before. It had a net loss of $86.7 million, which was greater than its $36.6 million loss the year prior.Hadoop is one of the hottest open source frameworks for storing and analyzing chunks of data. It helps developers and enterprises to build solutions for what many call "big data," which has become a multi-billion dollar industry.Advertisement
Hortonworks is widely considered one of the two leading companies in this field, alongside Cloudera. It came from Yahoo. It was spun out in 2011 with initial investments from Yahoo and Benchmark Capital. It's raised roughly $248 million so far, with Yahoo owning the largest shares at 20%.
- Indian lenders like SBI, Axis Bank and others need $20 billion in capital— most of it will go into filling up NPA holes
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch (2nd Ld)
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch
- 5 persons test positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, total rises to 44
- 32 people test positive for COVID-19 in Jharkhand, total now 458