Bill Gates: We Won't Be Rushed In Announcing Steve Ballmer's Replacement
Business Insider/Julie Bort screenshot
When will Microsoft announce its next CEO?The board met and discussed the candidates this week, he said, but an announcement wasn't coming today. And he said the board wouldn't be rushed.
"In the entire 38-year history, we had only two CEOs. That alone makes us unusual," he points out.Still news has to be coming soon. Ballmer announced his retirement in August and the company has promised to get a new CEO on board within the "next several months," Amy Hood, CFO said on stage. The company's turnaround can't get really going until they install a new leader to take them there.
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days