Bill Gates: We Won't Be Rushed In Announcing Steve Ballmer's Replacement
To kick off Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting happening Tuesday, Microsoft founder and chairman Bill Gates got on stage almost immediately to address the elephant in the room:
Business Insider/Julie Bort screenshot
When will Microsoft announce its next CEO?The board met and discussed the candidates this week, he said, but an announcement wasn't coming today. And he said the board wouldn't be rushed.Advertisement
Both he and Steve Ballmer are on the search committees and it's new territory for the company.
"In the entire 38-year history, we had only two CEOs. That alone makes us unusual," he points out.Still news has to be coming soon. Ballmer announced his retirement in August and the company has promised to get a new CEO on board within the "next several months," Amy Hood, CFO said on stage. The company's turnaround can't get really going until they install a new leader to take them there.
- Indian and Chinese army hold fresh talks to discuss disengagement in Depsang plains
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates a 400-bed COVID-19 hospital in Noida
- These are the tabletop airports in India – two of them have seen major plane crashes in last 10 years
- India registers 61,537 new COVID-19 cases and 933 more deaths, taking the total toll to 42,518
- A landslide in Kerala's Idukki has left 18 dead and over 50 missing