Bitcoin is soaring
Bitcoin trades up 6% at $882 per coin as of 7:23 a.m. ET. Tuesday's bid has cryptocurrency higher for a fourth straight session as it continues to rebound from the sharp sell-off that occurred earlier in January following news that China began an investigation into bitcoin exchanges in Beijing and Shanghai on suspicion of market manipulation, money laundering, unauthorized financing, and other issues. Bitcoin lost about 35% of its value during the selling that took place between January 5 and January 11, falling from a high of $1,161 per coin to a low of $752 per coin.
But trade has shown signs of at least trying to put in a bottom over the past couple of sessions. The cryptocurrency has established a series of lower lows and higher highs over each of the past four days and looks to have built up some near-term support in the $800 area. Traders are watching resistance at the $900 level.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry