Blackberry is in talks to acquire the cybersecurity company Cylance
BlackBerry is in discussions to acquire cybersecurity startup Cylance, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.
A deal could be announced as soon as next week, the sources said, cautioning that it could still fall apart. Sources believe the price of the deal could be as much as $1.5 billion, though the exact financial terms could not be learned.
Irvine, California-based Cylance develops AI-based products to protect companies from cyberattacks. It's raised $327 million in venture capital funding, according to PitchBook, and was recently considering filing for an IPO, several sources told Business Insider.
The six-year old startup competes with Crowdstrike, which is planning an initial public offering valuing the company at more than $3 billion according to a recent Reuters report, in the fast-growing market for cybersecurity services.
BlackBerry has been expanding its security offerings, as it has shifted from selling mobile phone hardware to providing business customers with enterprise software and services.
Cylance brought in $130 million in revenue for fiscal 2018, according to a press release from June. That represented 90% year-over-year growth. Cylance also lays claim to 4,000 customers, according to the release.
BlackBerry declined to comment. Cylance did not return a request for comment.
- Survey reveals 53% of Indians are seeing ads based on their last private phone conversation
- Now take the Ayodhya to Rameshwaram tour with an EMI paying option by IRCTC
- Tomatoes, brinjal and green vegetable prices soar and will keep going up due to rains
- Vodafone, Coal India, BPCL among stocks to watch out for on May 26
- Yasin Malik sentenced to life in terror funding case
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction