Box Office: Mary Kom Delivers A Big Punch!
This year, we have seen some very interesting woman-oriented movies being released. This week solo release Priyanka Chopra starrer '
'Marm Kom' is a biopic; and even from the promos, we could safely make out that Priyanka has worked hard for her look and body. The movie has been directed by debutant director Omung Kumar and it is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in association with Viacom 18 Motion Pictures.
The movie has been made with a budget of Rs 37 crore and managed to get 1,500 screens.
The Friday collections of the movie were promising as it managed to earn a total of Rs 8.5 crore. Over the weekend, it collected around Rs 8.8 crore on Saturday and Rs 11.05 crore on Sunday, taking its total weekend collection to Rs 28.27 crore.
It is noteworthy, that none of the other woman-oriented films in this year, namely Rani Mukerji starrer '
'Mary Kom' is being appreciated by the junta and the critics, and hopefully the movie will continue to go strong over the week with this positive word of mouth. Another factor that is going in favour of 'Mary Kom' is that it has been declared tax free in some places in the country.
Meanwhile last week’s release 'Raja Natwarlal' failed to rule at the box office. In its first week, the movie had accumulated only Rs 25.88 crore (all figures are from Box Office Collection).
- Apple expands end-to-end encryption to iCloud in a bid to make it safer for vulnerable profiles like celebrities, activists, or journalists
- BharatPe sues Ashneer Grover and wife for swindling firm; asks them to repay ₹88 cr
- Dorsey challenges Musk to make everything public now; Twitter CEO responds
- Rohit Sharma to Bumrah, here are the Indian cricketers who got injured in 2022
- Data of 6 lakh Indians sold on 'bot' markets for nearly ₹490 each
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World