Box Office: Mary Kom Delivers A Big Punch!
This year, we have seen some very interesting woman-oriented movies being released. This week solo release Priyanka Chopra starrer '
'Marm Kom' is a biopic; and even from the promos, we could safely make out that Priyanka has worked hard for her look and body. The movie has been directed by debutant director Omung Kumar and it is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in association with Viacom 18 Motion Pictures.
The movie has been made with a budget of Rs 37 crore and managed to get 1,500 screens.
The Friday collections of the movie were promising as it managed to earn a total of Rs 8.5 crore. Over the weekend, it collected around Rs 8.8 crore on Saturday and Rs 11.05 crore on Sunday, taking its total weekend collection to Rs 28.27 crore.
It is noteworthy, that none of the other woman-oriented films in this year, namely Rani Mukerji starrer '
'Mary Kom' is being appreciated by the junta and the critics, and hopefully the movie will continue to go strong over the week with this positive word of mouth. Another factor that is going in favour of 'Mary Kom' is that it has been declared tax free in some places in the country.
Meanwhile last week’s release 'Raja Natwarlal' failed to rule at the box office. In its first week, the movie had accumulated only Rs 25.88 crore (all figures are from Box Office Collection).
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling