Box shares are getting smoked after earnings
The stock is down 18% at the open of the market. It's trading at $16.81.Box reported a $1.65 EPS loss, which was worse than analyst expectations of a $1.17 loss.
When Box first had its IPO in January, it was priced at $14 a share before popping up as high as $24.73. While industry watchers like CNBC's Jim Cramer have urged people to buy at $18 a share, many more investors have expression skepticism of the company's stock price, given its incredible (but shrinking) burn rates on marketing and sales expenses.
NOW WATCH: How To Use iCloud
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February