Buffalo Wild Wings ticks up after strong earnings
The restaurant chain posted earnings of $1.23 per share, slightly above analysts expectations of $1.22 per share. Revenue came in lighter than expected at $494 million against expectations of $500 million.Sales for the chain were down from the same quarter a year ago by 1.6%, but this was a bit less than the 1.7% drop expected by analysts.Advertisement
"As we look forward to 2017, we remain committed to continued innovation in delivering a differentiated experience in casual dining and we're identifying areas of opportunity to improve margins," said CEO Sally Smith in a press release accompanying earnings. "Our new menu launches next week and we are excited for our new burger launch."
The company's outlook for the full year earnings per share was $5.65 to $5.85 per share, analysts expect it to be $5.70 per share.Following the news, the stock was up around 3% in post-market trading at $140.50 a share.
- INTERVIEW: Sharekhan’s new discount broking platform will take no fees for a loss-making trade
- Best curved display smartphones in India
- Delhi Govt to contest HC stay on its plan to reserve 80% ICU beds for COVID patients in private hospitals
- Goa to revise home isolation protocol and fees for COVID-19 treatment
- Companies (Amendment) Bill cleared by Parliament – improves ease of doing business, allows direct overseas listing and more