CHART OF THE DAY: Uber's Valuation Is Ahead Of Where Facebook Was In Its Early Years
Uber has experienced explosive growth over the last three years: Since raising $49.5 million in 2011, $258 million in 2013, and a whopping $1.2 billion in June, Uber has made its ridesharing service available in more than 200 cities in 45 countries worldwide. Now, the company is looking to close a new funding round that would value the company between $35 billion and $40 billion.
We thought it'd be interesting to compare Uber's sky-high valuation to that of Facebook, another massively popular tech company. Based on company data charted for us by BI Intelligence, Uber is considerably further ahead than Facebook was, at least in terms of its valuation, in its third year of fundraising. Facebook achieved Uber's $35-40 billion valuation during its seventh year, two years before its IPO in 2012.
- Pepperfry's Diwali ad will remind you of all the times you fought with your loved ones for your favourite spot at home
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France