CHART: Retailers Are Offering Free Shipping With More E-Commerce Transactions
Top retailers are heeding the call for free shipping by offering that perk with more transactions, according to a new study published by comScore.
In the first quarter of 2014, 58% of e-commerce transactions in the U.S. received free shipping as part of the order. One year earlier, just 48% of transactions came with free shipping.BI Intelligence finds that retailers are clearly becoming savvier about what motivates Americans to make a purchase online. Sixty-six percent of online shoppers say free shipping is "very important" to them when making a purchase online, according to a poll from the National Retail Federation.
- OnePlus announces Nord N10 5G and Nord 100 affordable smartphones
- Lawyers can now travel in special Mumbai suburban trains
- Bezos vs Ambani battle: Eight questions regarding Amazon's disclosures of Future deal will be in the spotlight
- Maharashtra reduces COVID-19 test rates at private labs to ₹980
- Top stocks to watch — Mahindra Finance, Tata Motors, Airtel, DHFL, SBI, Coforge, and others