CHART: Xiaomi Has Already Sold More Smartphones This Year Than In All Of 2013
Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi continues to see incredible sales growth.During the first half of the year, Xiaomi sold 26.1 million smartphones, according to an announcement from the company. Advertisement
Xiaomi sold 15.1 million of those handsets in the second quarter of 2014, on top of 11 million devices in the first quarter. That amounts to growth of 278% year-over-year for the second quarter, and 37% sequential growth. In total, the 26.1 million units sold through the first half of this year is more than Xiaomi sold in all of 2013. The company aims to sell 60 million smartphones this year.
Xiaomi's revenue is also up an impressive 149% to $5.3 billion for the first half of the year, compared to the same period one year earlier. Its revenue is derived from sales of smartphones, as well as its lone tablet the Mi Pad, Mi TV, Xiaomi Box, and other services and accessories.BI Intelligence is a subscription tech research service. For full access to all BI Intelligence's coverage of the mobile industry, including reports, daily briefs, and downloadable charts, sign up.
- COVID: ASI monuments in Delhi reopen for visitors, masks mandatory
- Assam's COVID-19 tally crosses 12,000-mark with 786 new cases
- Delhi Police sub-inspector donates plasma after recovering from COVID-19
- Rajasthan CM stresses on raising COVID awareness among people
- Delhi's COVID-19 tally crosses 1 lakh-mark with 1,379 fresh cases; death toll climbs to 3,115