CHUCK TODD: The Public Is Telling Obama His Presidency Is 'Over'
"This poll is a disaster for the president," Todd said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday. "You look at the presidency here. Lowest job rating - tied for the lowest. Lowest on foreign policy. His administration is seen as less competent than the Bush administration, post-Katrina."But the number that really stood out to Todd was one in which a clear majority of respondents said they believed Obama could no longer lead the country through the rest of his presidency. According to the poll, 54% said he "cannot lead and get the job done" throughout the rest of his term, compared with just 42% who said the opposite.Advertisement
And 41% said the Obama administration's performance has gotten worse over the past year, compared with just 15% who said it has improved.
"On the issue of do you believe you can still lead, and a majority believe not," Todd said. "Essentially, the public is saying, 'Your presidency is over' by saying a number like that - 54% saying he no longer has the ability to lead and solve problems. That's one of those things [where] you're sitting at the White House going, 'Wow.'"Here's the clip, via The Free Beacon:
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry