CNN's Chris Cuomo gets into a shouting match with a man who called him 'Fredo'
- A verbal confrontation between CNN host Chris Cuomo and an alleged heckler was filmed and shared across right-wing circles on Monday.
- The video was uploaded to YouTube by a right-wing vlogger and shows Cuomo calling an alleged heckler a "punk," after he called him "Fredo."
- The right-wing vlogger's YouTube channel, which includes numerous videos of violent confrontations with sensational headlines, almost exclusively depicts Democrats in a negative light.
- Cuomo's weeknight program "Cuomo Prime Time" did not air on Monday evening. A CNN spokesperson told INSIDER that Cuomo was on a pre-scheduled break and that the company would support him.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A verbal confrontation between CNN host Chris Cuomo and an alleged heckler was filmed and shared across right-wing circles on Monday.The video was uploaded to YouTube by a right-wing vlogger and shows Cuomo calling the alleged heckler a "punk." Cuomo threatens to throw him down the stairs for allegedly calling him "Fredo."
"It's a f------ insult to your people," Cuomo said. "It's like the 'N-word' for us.""Don't f------ insult me like that," Cuomo later added.
The man responding to Cuomo claimed he "thought it was your name."Read more: CNN anchor Don Lemon confronted Kamala Harris at the Democratic debate over her previous statements saying that if she's president, she'll have the DOJ prosecute Trump
The vlogger claimed the video was sent by "a fan of news," who claimed to only know Cuomo by "Fredo" after references by conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh's show. Limbaugh frequently disparages Cuomo and calls him "Fredo" on his radio show.
The video was uploaded by the right-wing YouTube channel "THAT'S THE POINT with Brandon," which describes itself as bringing "Honest True opinions." The channel uploads numerous videos of violent confrontations with sensational headlines, almost exclusively depicting Democrats in a negative light.Cuomo's weeknight program "Cuomo Prime Time" did not air on Monday evening. A CNN spokesperson told Business Insider that Cuomo was on a pre-scheduled break and that the company would support him.
"Chris Cuomo defended himself when he was verbally attacked with the use of an ethnic slur in an orchestrated setup," a CNN spokesperson said in a statement. "We completely support him."
Following the release of the video, Cuomo was called out on Twitter for equating "Fredo" to the "N-word."
Chris Cuomo of CNN tried to fight someone who called him "Fredo" and said that word is "like the n-word" for Italianspic.twitter.com/pZdyElz7MN- jordan (@JordanUhl) August 13, 2019
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) is now amalgamated with DBS Bank India – fund infusion of ₹2,500 crore to follow
- Delhi CM Kejriwal directs private labs to reduce price of RT-PCR tests for COVID-19
- ZEE5 partners with XroadMedia to ramp up its hyper-personalized Video on Demand and social media services
- Rajinikanth to announce decision on active political plunge soon
- Prega News ropes in Anushka Sharma as its brand ambassador