Centre extends last date for filing I-Tax returns to September 7
The Centre has extended the last date for filing
"Due date for filing Income Tax return extended till 7th Sep, 2015," the
The earlier date was August 31.
Earlier, the Income Tax department had extended the last date for filing I-T returns by residents of Gujarat to September 7 following disruption of normal life due to agitation over reservation to Patel community in the state.
The tax department has notified a new set of
The tax payers base in the country is just over 4 crore.
The government aims to collect Rs 7.98 lakh crore in direct taxes in the current financial year.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so