Centre extends last date for filing I-Tax returns to September 7
The Centre has extended the last date for filing
"Due date for filing Income Tax return extended till 7th Sep, 2015," the
The earlier date was August 31.
Earlier, the Income Tax department had extended the last date for filing I-T returns by residents of Gujarat to September 7 following disruption of normal life due to agitation over reservation to Patel community in the state.
The tax department has notified a new set of
The tax payers base in the country is just over 4 crore.
The government aims to collect Rs 7.98 lakh crore in direct taxes in the current financial year.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines