Cisco country head of cyber security tells you why this is the best time to take up a job in cyber security
From the job that was also ‘just one of the things the office IT guy’ did, cyber security has entered the boardroom today. It now has serious repercussions on the business, jobs, brand and reputation of any company. And, though companies have regulatory frameworks but they’re never comprehensive enough to really protect data. The immediate need of stringent
“We are seeing companies viewing their cyber security infrastructure in an entirely different manner. Most companies did not see cyber security as an architect they saw it as a collection of products. This Frankenstein approach to solve a problem was good five years back, but today that is allowing hackers to get through loopholes. Organisations have realised that cyber security needs to be integrated in to the network, in the application, through the cloud and with your data set. It is not something that one can keep adding as layers,” said Pravin Srinivasan, Lead, Security Sales, Cisco India & SAARC.
He added that they are seeing that the role of the chief security officer is becoming more business focussed and comprehensive than before and that is changing across industries.
In a recent report,
“There is a serious shortage of professionals in this industry in the country. One thing that will change for sure is the serious shortage of skilled professionals. Some of our announcements regarding investment in the country are around this skilling. We are going to ensure that a lot of professionals who come out trained in IT are also going to be trained in security,” he said.
So if you are thinking of taking up a career in cyber security, Pravin tells us where exactly these will be created.
Advertisement(Image credits: indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons