Cristiano Ronaldo is the reported buyer of an-ultra rare Bugatti, the most expensive car on the planet which can go 260 miles an hour
- Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly the secret buyer of a $12.5 million one-of-a-kind Bugatti.
- The purchase has not been confirmed by Bugatti, but if Ronaldo is the buyer, the 260 mph car will join a fleet of luxurious motors in the soccer player's incredible garage.
- As one of the richest athletes on the planet, Ronaldo is able to fund his shopping sprees because of a $35 million contract at Juventus, that he supplements with endorsement deals.
- You can see the Bugatti, named "La Voiture Noire" or "The Black Car," below.
- Visit Business Insider's home page for more stories.
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly bought a one-of-a-kind Bugatti worth $12.5 million just months after splashing out on an ultra-rare Rolls Royce.
As a big-game player on a $35 million per year contract, Ronaldo clearly has money to spend - and reports in Italy's Sky Sport, Spain's MARCA, and the Daily Mail suggest the 34-year-old has bought the "most expensive" car on the planet.
The motor was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 2019 earlier in the year.
It has an 8.0 liter turbocharged W16 engine capable of taking its driver to speeds as high as 260 mph.
Only one model has been built, and it was inspired by the four iconic Type 57 SC Atlantic models that Bugatti made between 1936 and 1938.
The new model, "La Voiture Noire," which means "The Black Car," has been built to commemorate the 110th anniversary of the luxury car firm.
It comes with a price tag of €11 million, according to MARCA, or $12.5 million, reportedly making it the most expensive car sold.
Here's a look at the car:
MARCA reports that Bugatti has not confirmed the buyer, and the driver will not be able to actually get their hands on it until 2021, when the final touches will be complete.
But if it did end up in Ronaldo's garage, it will sit alongside some of the flashiest, fastest, and rarest cars in the world.
Ronaldo bought a bright white Rolls Royce Cullinan reportedly worth $360,000 earlier this year, an SUV that was added to a collection that included a Bentley, a Porsche, and a Ferrari.
As this Business Insider list shows, it is not just cars he likes to buy, as Ronaldo also spends his money on expensive suits, $20,200 Tag Heuer watches, and incredible properties around the world.
He made his fortune because of his exemplary soccer skills and is able to fund his shopping sprees because he was named the third best-paid athlete on the planet in 2018 according to Forbes.
It was estimated that Ronaldo banked $61 million from his playing career in 2018, and earned a further $47 million through endorsements from blue-chip companies like Tag Heuer, Herbalife, and Nike.
He remains critical to Juventus' success on and off the field, and played in helping the team win the Supercoppa Italiana earlier this year, together with the 2018-2019 Serie A championship.
Juventus is next in action against local rival Torino on Friday and, as Ronaldo won't be able to drive that new Bugatti for another two years, he'll simply have to turn up at the game in that Rolls Royce of his.
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World