Cruise ship workers reveal what it's really like to live at sea
- Cruise ship jobs have a number of distinctive features that separate them from land-based jobs.
- Business Insider spoke with 39 current and former cruise line employees who described what it's like to live and work on a cruise ship.
- They described long hours, bad food, and an intense hookup culture.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Cruise ship jobs have a number of distinctive features that separate them from land-based jobs. Perhaps the biggest difference is the fact that cruise ship employees live where they work.That can have advantages, like short "commutes" and close bonds with co-workers, but it also presents potential downsides, like poor food quality and a sometimes excessive party culture.
Here's what they said.Have you worked on a cruise ship? Do you have a story to share? Email this reporter at email@example.com.
There's a big party culture, but it isn't always as fun as it seems.
The food is bad.Advertisement
You work long hours.
Employees have a lot of sex with each other.Advertisement
Romantic relationships start and end quickly
Almost all of the passengers are pleasant, but some are annoyingAdvertisement
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality
- Property tax in Telangana can now be paid via WhatsApp
- Meesho's latest ad encourages women entrepreneurs to explore social commerce