Dan Loeb Went Ballistic On Bill De Blasio On Twitter
Hedge fund activist Dan Loeb doesn't tweet often - only 13 times actually - but this week went after New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio over charter schools.
Loeb directs the board of Success Academy Charter Schools in New York, and as Bloomberg reported this summer, he upped his pledge to $3 million from $2 million.De Blasio, for his part, aligns more with critics of charter schools who argue that they yank funds from public schools and don't have proper oversight.Advertisement
This week, de Blasio revoked plans to open three new charter schools that were supposed to get free space in public school buildings. Or as the New York Post put it, "De Blasio starts his war on charter schools."
Loeb tweeted that link, adding, "Why is #MayorDeBlasio attacking the poor? Ruining lives? Taking hope?"And then there was this:
- Delhi PWD forms COVID-19 support group for employees, their kin
- COVID-19: Maha adds 6,875 cases; 219 die, 4,067 discharged
- WB: Amid surge in COVID-19 cases, total lockdown imposed in all containment zones
- 16 new COVID-19 cases Chandigarh, tally reaches 523
- Most models focus on how virus behaves, not other factors: Health ministry on MIT's COVID-19 study