Dave Chappelle is reportedly making $60 million for his Netflix comedy specials
Brad Barket /Invision/AP
According to The New York Post's Page Six column, the comedian is making a total of $60 million for delivering three comedy specials to the streaming company in 2017.
"Dave was offered $20 million a special," Page Six's anonymous source said. "Netflix basically has a war chest for this kind of content. Whether it's a loss or not, Dave Chappelle's specials will get a lot of press and bring in new subscribers."
At $20 million per special, that would place Chappelle's deal on par with the reported $40 million deal Chris Rock secured with Netflix last month for two comedy specials.
A Netflix representative told Business Insider it doesn't comment on the financial details of its deals.
The concert specials are Chappelle's first in 12 years. Two of the specials have already been shot, but were never released. The third one will be produced specifically for Netflix. All three are set to release simultaneously in 2017.
The deal follows Chappelle's hosting debut November 12 on "Saturday Night Live," which delivered the season's highest overnight ratings and the best 18-to-49 ratings for the show since 2013.
Chappelle made a huge name for himself while starring on "Chappelle's Show," a racially charged sketch show that ran on Comedy Central from 2003 to 2006. Most recently, he's been trying out new material in an intimate venue tour.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade