Despite reporting a great quarter, Tableau is crashing again
For the quarter, Tableau reported $171.7 million in revenue, breaking even on earnings per share (EPS). The revenue was up 32% from the same period in 2015. Analysts had been expecting $164 million in revenue and a $0.09 loss per share.Despite the clear beat, Tableau is crashing, for reasons not readily clear. Immediately after reporting earnings, Tableau stock was down a solid 14%, before stabilizing around 10%. At the time of writing, it's around $46.05.
Tableau hasn't had a great few months. Back in February, Tableau lost almost half of its value overnight - for a total loss of $2 billion in value - after it reported a similarly solid quarter, but couldn't show the growth that Wall Street was looking for.Still, Tableau has said that it won't back down or change course, and will continue to invest in its core products amid what it sees as a general slowdown in the IT budgets of its big business customers.
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted
- Google India to simplify Play Store policies for games people play on apps