‘Dhing Express’ Hima Das, with 5 gold medals in 19 days, has doubled her fees for ads
- Hima Das won her latest gold medal on 21 July in a 400-metre race at Nove Mesto nad Metuji Grand Prix in Czech Republic.
- Her brand value has gone up from ₹3million (₹30 Lakh) to ₹6 million (₹60 Lakh) per endorsement.
- She has assured Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind to bring more medals for India.
Expectedly, her brand value is racing faster than the Das herself. Her fee has gone up from ₹3million (₹30 Lakh) to ₹6 million (₹60 Lakh) per endorsement.
“Hima’s brand value has doubled because of her consistent performance in the last three weeks,” said Neerav Tomar, Managing Director at the sports management company IOS. The company is looking to lock deals across variety of brands like watches, tyres, cooking oil, energy drinks and food.
However, Das’ brand value is much less than that of any cricketer, in spite of her recent and past successes. For instance, M.S Dhoni earns ₹40-50 million from a single brand endorsement.
‘Will bring more medals for India’: Das
Endorsements however are not the only thing on this budding athlete's mind. Das told the President Ram Nath Kovind in a tweet that she will continue to work hard and bring more medals for the country.
Thank you Honorable @rashtrapatibhvn sir for your good wishes. I will continue to work hard and bring more laurels… https://t.co/VGS7BxlcNf— Hima MON JAI (@HimaDas8) 1563722596000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind have congratulated the young athlete, along with cricketers like Rishabh Pant and Sachin Tendulkar.
This 19-year-old from Assam, has been a professional sprinter for the last two years. However, July has been her best month ever. At the race in Czech Republic, clocked a season-best by completing the 400 meter race in 52.09 seconds.
AdvertisementOn July 17, she won her a gold in 200 m at Tabor Athletics Meet. On July 13, she won her third 200m gold medal at the Kladno Athletics Meet in Czech Republic with a time of 23.43 seconds.
On July 8, she won her second 200 m gold at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland. In her first competitive 200m race of the year on July 2, Hima clocked 23.65 seconds to win gold at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland.
Owing to her success, she is named ‘Dhing Express’ — after the name of her village in Assam.
Popular on BI
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons